This article will explain what supporting evidence is required to prepare you for seamless data validation.
All activity data entered onto the platform is required to have supporting evidence. If you are using the same evidence for more than one emission source, you don't need to upload it multiple times. If this is the case, please enter a comment into each emission source as to where the evidence was filed.
Our consultants will cross-check several data points against each activity data input during data validation.
Supporting evidence required:
Expense Listing (extract from Profit & Loss statement or Trial Balance),
General Ledger (GL) transaction listing (with an appropriate level of transactional mapping to the Profit & Loss statement or Trial Balance),
Mapping of these expense accounts to Pathzero platform emission sources (with explanations for exceptions or unmapped accounts):
When the dollar spend model is used: explanations are required where the amounts from the above transaction listing do not match to the data entered into the Pathzero platform.
When a non-dollar spend model is used, specific evidence is required (IE electricity invoices, physical flight details etc).
Below you will find advice for our most used activity data points:
- Staff Commuting and Working from home Pathzero recommends collecting data from your staff for this input by completing a location-wide survey for the reporting period, with the following questions. Please see the questions below: i. Staff Commuting: Q: How do you mostly travel to work? Please select one mode only. If you use more than one, please select the most frequent mode: a. Taking the bus b. Driving a car to work c. Riding a bike to work d. No commute/ work from home e. Taking the light rail/tram f. Walk to work g. Taking the ferry h. Taking the train i. Riding a motorbike/ scooter Input to Pathzero: Enter the number of people per the mode of transport on the Pathzero platform. ii. Working from Home: Part 1: Average number of days per week employees WFH Q: What is your percentage split between working from home and going to the office? Please select one option of your most regular frequency of office attendance versus working from home: a. 5/5 in office, 0 days working from home, 100%:0% b. 5 days in office, 1 day working from home, 80%:20% c. 3/5 days in office, 2 days working from home, 60%:40% d. 2/5 days in the office, 3 days working from home, 40%:60% e. 1/5 days in the office, 4 days working from home, 20%:80% Input to Pathzero: Enter the average percentage input across the team Part 2. Average working hours per day We suggest you take the average contracted hours all employees are contracted by. Input to Pathzero: Enter the average working hours across the team on the Pathzero platform.
- For fuel and energy-related emissions, where to find the input and how to provide evidence:
When using the kWH model, this information can be found on your invoice
When using the dollar spend model, found in your Profit & Loss statement or an extract from your account software
- Base buildings
Net lettable area evidence can include:
- Office lease is typically where this is found, Official letter from building management highlighting the net lettable area
- Floor plan where the square footage is available
- Average net lettable must include:
Official letter from building management highlighting the average net lettable area with an explanation of how it was calculated
- Air Travel
Provide records of business travel including departure and arrival airport, class and offset records. Supporting documents includes the invoice from the airline which details:
- Departure and arrival airports
- Total cost
- Class of flight purchased i.e. economy, premium economy, business or first-class
- Where relevant provide details of carbon offsets, this is typically found on the invoice
- Taxis and Rideshares
Screenshots of rideshare details, invoices or Xero extracts. Details need to include:
- Location of where the expense took place
Pathzero recommends using the Average FTE waster generation input. No evidence is required if the FTE matches the input provided during the location setup. If not, an explanation in terms of a note is required.